Welcome Ms. Crawford's 7th grade Communication Arts' students. The purpose of this blog: to offer you a place to share reflections from your independent reading books and learn from others. The blog entry grades are based on how well you demonstrate an understanding for the elements of character and other literary devices. As you write, I encourage you to submit a piece that you can be proud of and I am confident that if you absolutely love what you have written, I will love it too!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Things to Remember
When you're posting, remember to include the following information:
I THINK THIS BOOK MIRACLES BOYS IS A VERY GOOD AND INTERESTING BOOK BECAUSE IT HAS LOTS OF ACTION AND SUSPENCE AND THE BOOK IS FUN TO RREAD BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS ARE VERY EASY TO RELATE TO BECAUSE THE BOOK MAKES SURE U UNDERSTAND IT . KHATAIRA BOYCE
Chapter 4 is the best chapter so far!!! I loved when Laffyette and Ty'ree started to talk about when their mother died it was sad but sometimes you have to talk about it. Also the ending of the chapter was crazy because all of a sudden Ty'ree flips out about NewCharlie not sweeping the floor and that caused a big argument which made Laffyette run into his room and cry for his mother that's sad but the book is on POINT!! Jaidah Kirksey 1st hr
Im loving the book (Miracle's Boys) so far because it is a really great book. Also I just read chapter 4 and to me it's the best chapter I ever read in this book, hope there's more relating things to read about.
Miracles boys ch.4 was great! I finaly found out how charlie went to rahway! he robbed poncho's candy store. laffyette and tyree still dont know how charlie got the gun.
Question: Do you think that every conflict has a winner? In other words, can every conflict be solved? Why or why not? Please explain your answer in four to five sentences.
My answer (Jaidah), No, conflict can't be resolved this is why. Its because every one in the world is different some people hold grudges and some people don't. For instance I'm one of those people who hold grudges, I still don't talk to (anonymous) who I had a conflict with in 6th grade that's how much it kills me to resolve a conflict. So that's why I'm saying "some" grudges can be broken...and some will just remain until the end of time. Jaidah Kirksey 1st hr
I don't think that every conflict has a winner. I think that every problem can not be solved. It depends what you are going through in your life. All things can't be solved. Like for examlpe you want too know why another person hate you are dislike you. That can not be solved for someone to stop disliking you and everyone has their own opinion and can not agree on everthing. That's what I think about this question.
I think that every conflict can be solved by working it out in respectful way.I don't think that every conflict has a winner because the person that was in the conflict said that they won and the person that started the conflict said that they had won also.I also think that a conflict can be solved by learning to respect each other.I also think that a conflict doesn't have a winner because people that was around will start to interfere.Ranesia Hambrick,period5
I do not think that every problem can be solved. The reason I think this is because not everyone can't agree with the solution. Another reason is that they could probably not come up with a resolution. Another reason that every problem can't be solved is because it can be to difficult to come up with a solution. My last reason why every problem can't be solved is because maybe the problem doesn't have enough information to be solved. -Jillian Pritchard 5 hour
I think every conflict does have a winner. I say this because when ever somebody have a problem with another person someone always have the answer to the conflict. Also when you think about it you may think they are never going to find a way to solve the problem but they always do. So always remember that when you are having a problem with someone or a sibling, there will always be away to solve it.
No, every conflict dose not have a winner. I said no because if the people so called "solved" the conflict by fighting, nobody won. If the people were to solve the conflict by talking it over and agreeing to go there seperate ways, they both would be winners. They both would be winners because they handled it with manners.
Jaidah Kirksey 1st hr Miracle's Boys This book was so INTERESTING! I loved this book. Well ok three things I liked about the book is that Lafayette told his brother that he saw his mother wake up before she died that was really touching. Also when NewCharlie opened up about robbing Poncho's Candy store. Then the last thing is when all the brothers shared a loving brother moment. Three things I disliked about the book is when i found out NewCharlie was in jail I actually thought he was done with being a criminal! Then something is when NewCharlie kept calling his brother "Milagro killer" that was so wrong. Last is that I hated that the arthour made both of their parents die that was sad. Well that's all.
I just finished this book called Miacle's Boys by Jacqueline Woodson. One of my favorite parts was when the brothers made up at the end. I also liked the plot and how well written all the charactors are. But there was also one part of the book that I didn't like. I think that at the end Lafayette and Tyree should have found a way to get Newcharlie out of the gang. That was the only thing that I didn't like about the book. -Korinna Brandt
Three things that i liked in Miracle's Boys was that when there was a problem the brothers talked it over. Another thing i liked is that when Newcharlie or Lafayette had a problem Tyree never put them out. The last thing i liked was that even though their parents died the didnt put there self down. Three things i didnt like is that when Newcharlie or Lafayette did something bad they didnt get any concequence when they got home. Another thing i didnt like was that they were left alone without an adult. The last thing i didnt like was how the book ended.
In Mircales Boys three things that I like about is that it had a had a kind of happy ending.Anthor thing I like about Mircales Boys is that the book has alot of action.The last reason I like Mircals Boys is that they are almost good brothers.Three things that I dislike about the story was that Charlie is making fun of Laffette.Anthor thing that I dislike is that Charlie got into a gang.last thing tha t I don't like about the story is that charlie is putting his family in danger.-Akira Williams
In this book Miracle's Boys I read. Three things I like in Miracle boys is that Tyree is really independent because he takes care of his little brothers and he's only 25 ,so I think that's really amazing. Another thing I like in this story is that the author go's back in the past and tells us what happen in the story for example, how the 3 brother's father and mother died. The 3rd thing I like about this book is that I can feel what the 3 brother's or going thorw that's how stronge the book tells the reader how the charerters feeling and react in the book. The three things that I dont like about the book is the ending I actally hate it I was perspecting more in the story like Tyree win's the lottory are Tyree got a permotion too get more money to take care of his brothers. The other thing I hate in this book is that New Charlie just got out of jail and then one slip up now he's in a gang and its hard for him too get out too. The part I mostly hate about the story is when New Charlie blames Laufatte that he killed there mother. So tats's what I mostly think about the story.
Hi! I liked the book Miracle's Boys, but it wasn't my favorite book, although it definitely was at least slightly emotional for me. Three awesome things about Miracle's Boys were: the reality of it - the entire story is kind of moving and probably reflects many people's lives. Another great part was the happy ending...I usually kind of like the bad-guy-rules-the-world endings, but I think I would cry if Newcharlie went to jail for accidentally going to a gang initiation! The third thing I loved was the change of character kind of partway through the book for Newcharlie. He started off, in the book, the bad brother who went to juvie and was mean. Then he became this guy who was forced into a gang and never really wanted to fight, and was actually sweet. In the book it was like he had a change of heart. Three things I didn't like were: The book was too short, not page-wise but just so much information in only three days. Newcharlie seemed to come back from jail, go to jail again, both the parents died, Lafayette went to a shrink, there were two funerals, several secrets were exposed, and they all had time to bond and much more - in just a little over a hundred pages. The next thing I didn't like so much was that the book ended on the porch. You don't know if Charlie's going to get out of the gang, any one of the brothers could, the next day, pull away and start being sad and solitary again - I mean, the porch all together is a start, but it still seems like they're on a ledge. The third thing I don't love about this book is that both the parents died. I just wish it could have been one parent, and the other is just all depressed. That would ruin the entire book and its plot, but at least it's not sad! I mean, to be honest, I don't really hate that about the book, but it was the only other thing I could think of. Sorry if my blog is too long! Love you Mrs. C! You rock! Felix Evans, seventh hour A Day
Three things I liked about Miracle's Boys were how it can connect to some people because their life could be similar to Lafayette's life. It also can educate people on how horrible some people's lives can be. Lastly I really liked how all the brothers started out practically not even knowing anything about each other to having a very tight bond with each other.
Three things that I disliked about Miracle's Boys were that first of all it was way too short compared to most of the novels that I read. Second, I could not really relate with the story, mainly because I have both of my parents alive and I live in a much different kind of neighborhood. The final thing I disliked was how the author did not write everything in chronological order which made it hard for me to understand what was going at times.
Hector Delarosa I think that the best 3 parts in the book miracle's boys is when it explaned more about Rahway so we could uderstand more of the story. the next thing is when Carlie was asking god not to let the dog die and you know how Charlie was before Rahway. The last thing is when we found that NewCharlie robbed that store so his family can go to paridise. The 3 things I hate about the book is when each time lafayette see his mom as a ghost. I also don't like that it talks about how lafayette went to the phycologist because all they did was talk about lafayette emotionaly but they could have talked about the other characters. The last thing I didn't like was that Aaron didn't go to jail.
One thing I liked about Miracle's Boys is that Ty'ree was still very honest to Lafayette about the fact that he was still at the scene when his father died. Another thing I liked about Miracle's Boys was Lafayette's flashbacks and illusions.This shows how much he really loved his mother. The last thing I liked about Miracle's Boys was the talk at the end between the 3 brothers.That was very touching. One thing I disliked about Miracle's boys was how there was so much violence. Another thing I disliked about Miracle's boys was when NewCharlie was picking on Lafayette about killing their mother. Finally,The last thing I disliked about Mircale's Boys was when Aaron traked NewCharlie into a gang.
This book was very interesting and a great choice! I was very entertained!
Three things I like about the book Miracle's Boys by Jacqueline Woodson is when Ty'ree told Lafayette about how he was there when their dad died, also when Lafayette defended Newcharlie to Aaron, and when Newcharlie and Lafayette made up. Three things I didn't like about the book when Newcharlie called Lafayette a "Milagro killer", also when Newcharllie got beat up, and how Newcharlie treated Lafayette in the book.
There are three things I like about Miracle's Boys. First,I like the part were Laffayette starts imagining his mom.Second,I like the part when Ty'ree and Laffayette went and got Newcharlie out of jail. Third,i like the part when the brothers start talking with each other again.There are three things I don't like about Miracle's Boys. First,I don't like the part when Newcharlie called Laffayette milagro killer.Second, I don't like the part when Newcharlie started treating Aaron like his brother instead of Laffayette.Third I don't like the part when Newcharlie had to go to jail. Ranesia Hambrick period5
Kenya Curtis September 23,2010 period 1 This book was about 3 brothers and how they are having problems at home. There parents die so they only got each other . Tyree the older brother take care of them got a job that dont pay that much . And becuse he got to take care of them he did not go to college. the next brother Charlie he came back from rayway a jail for boys if he get to any more troble Charlie will go back to jail and tyree and Laffeyette wiil have to live withe there aunt. Laffeyette the baby boy of the family evey sent charlie came back from rayway he ben picking on Laffeytte.
One thing that I liked about this book was that newcharlie got into a fight and it was very exiting. One thing that I disliked was that there parents died. Another thing that I like was that it had flash backs to what happened when Lafayette younger, But i also didn't like that Newcharlie blamed Lafayette for letting his mom die. I liked that a Newcharlie was in jail but i didn't like that to two grown men started crying after they hit each other. that is what i liked about Miracle's Boys.
Three things I liked about Miracle's Boys are the boys started not to like eachother but by the end of the book, they started to talk again. The second thing I liked was Ty'ree stepped into fatherhood when the father died. The last thing I liked about the book was Aunt Cecile helped Lafayette with his problems. Three things I disliked about the Miracle's Boys are Charlie and Lafayette were fighting and name calling. The second thing I disliked was when the father and mother died when Charlie was either away or not there when they died. The last thing I disliked about Miracle's Boys was when Charlie went to Rahway as one person and came back as another person. Tanyra Blackmon 1st and 2nd Hour
One thing that I liked the most about Miracle's Boy's was when Lafyette opened up to Newcharile about him not killing their mother.Another thing that I liked about Miracle's Boy's was when Ty'ree was telling Lafyette about how their mother died.The last thing that I liked about Miracle's Boy's was when Lafyette was telling Dr.Vernonn about his family and about how he feels his mother every were. one thing that I disliked about Miracle's Boy's was when Newcharlie got jumped.Another thing that I disliked about Miracle's Boy's was when Ty'ree had Finally told Lafyette about him being at the secene when their Father died.The last thing that I disliked about Miracle's Boy's was when Newcharlie blamed Lafyette for their mother's death.These are the things that I liked and disliked about Miracle's Boy's.
I just read about a book called miracle's boys by jacqueline woodson.Next there are three brothers name Tyree,Newcharlie,and Lafayette. Also the three brothers was struggling about the mother's death. Then newcharlie was called a milagro killer because he was blame for killing the mother. Next the daddy died in central park trying to save a lady's dog and the daddy died with this diease call Hypomethia. This is what this story is about.Deionnis Anderson
I just read Miracle's Boys by Jacqueline Woodson and in the book there were things I liked about it and things I didn't like about it. A part from the book I liked was when Lafayette and Newcharlie worked out their differences and started talking to each other. Another part I liked was when Lafayette had the weird dream about the dog and Newcharlie. My favorite part was when Lafayette was defending Newcahrlie to Aaron at the basketball court. A part from the book I didn't like was when Newcahrlie called Lafayette a "Milargo killer" when Newcharlie and Aaron were about to leave to go out. Another part I didn't like was when Newcharlie got beat up by the gang members in the car. The last poart i didn't like in the book was when the dad died of hypothermia from saving the woman and the dog in the lake. I think this book was great and had its sad and happy parts to it.
I just read Miracles Boy's by Jacqueline Woodson. One of my favorite part of the book is when Lafayette was hearing things like a dog whimpering and somethind collided. I like that part because I had that feeling before. The second thing that I liked was when Lafayette saw P.J at the basketball court. P.J was with some people and he had gang colors on his head. My last favorite part is when their father tried to save a ladie and her dog from dying. He died from hypothermia. I thought it was brave how he tried to save that ladie.
The three things that i most liked and disliked about Miracles Boys are i n this blog.I liked the part where tyree explains that he was there when there dad jumped in the lake.I also liked the end whenthe brothers made up.My favorite part was when they explained the picture when lafyette was giveing his mom the leaf.the first thing i disliked was the part about NewCharlieblaming lafyette for there moms death.I also disliked the part about Charlie going th jail .My least favorite part was when they talked about the mom.that is my blog post Alexandra jolliff
Ihave many likes and dislikes about Miracles boys. One thing i like is that while i was reading the book every thing felt real. Another thing i like about the book is that the book has goood desciptions. I also like that the book was easy and enjoyable to read Ihave many likes and dislikes about Miracles boys. One thing that i dont like about the book is that it doesnt have pictures. Another thing i dont like about the book is that there is only one break through wich is at the end. The last thing that i dont like about this is that the chapter were short. Antonia Drake period 1 september23,2010
I liked many things about Miracle's Boys. The first thing I liked was that it was so descriptive that it felt like I was in the book watching the events play out. The second thing I liked was that it ended happily. The third thing I liked was that it used some figurative language that had really deep meaning.
I also disliked several things about Miracle's Boys. The first thing I disliked was that it was too short; I prefer longer books. The second thing I disliked was that it ended too soon. I want to hear about what happened next in the story. The third thing I disliked was that the end of the book was a little boring.
Miracle's boyys was a very sad and amotional book.I t showed the drama of losing two loved ones,and drama between three brothers having only eachother as well.I would say that mu favorite part though would be when lafayette decided to turned around and began to talk to Charlie instead of walking up the stairs,leaving him on the stoop outside.
I really liked the book "Miracle's Boys" for several reasons. First of all, I like to think of this book as a resource for people coping with the death of a loved one. "Miracle's Boys" has a lot of heart and emotion in it. However most people would portray that emotion as anger and not remorse. That is until they read this book. Another reason I love "Miracle's Boys" is that it gives off a certain vibe like the feeling of warmth, or betrayal, or uncertainty, and even some negligence. The book really makes me feel involved with the story line. The third and final reason I love Miracle's Boys is that it made me cry. Any book that I really enjoy and get involved with makes me laugh, cry, get really mad, or go crazy. And I definitely did that with "Miracle's Boys." I loved that book so much, and for so many reasons.
Like everything else in this world, nothing's perfect (Miracle's Boys included). So unfortunately now I have to tell you three things I didn't like about the book. Number one: "Miracle's Boys" was a really short book for my taste. I was sweet, simple, and straight to the point. But my problem with that is, I like it when I receive a lot of detail about a part of the book. I like to know everything about what's going on in a story. Miracle's Boys really beat around the bush when it came to certain details that I really wanted to know about. Number Two: The way this book is written really makes me think that she trying really hard to prove a point. Maybe a little too hard. For example, Its a family of three brothers and both there parents died. According to my perception of that, I would consider it a little pathetic. It makes me think, why do both parents have to die? Why can't one die and the other run away or something. I do understand where the author was coming from though and how it all ties into the story line. Finally, Number three: I know I said the book was too short earlier. But this next reason kind of goes in deeper of why I want it to be longer. The ending of the book really seemed too simple. Newcharlie just changed back into old Charlie because he was forced into a gang and cried about some pictures. I don't really think that would truly happen in real life. But I've never been in that situation before so I probably don't even know what I'm talking about. Anyway, that's all I have to say about Miracle's Boys. I really like it but it wasn't perfect.
I ust got done reading the book Miracle's boys. What i really liked about the book is when things would goo wrong there would be a good side to it. It was a lot of problems in the book mainly with new Charlie. New Charlie always got in some knid of troble, but he would find his way out.
The thing that i disliked about the book is when new Charlie changed after he robbed the candy store. When new Charlie came from Rahway he changed in a bad way. At the end of the book when new Charlie got jumped he started to change. When he talked to Lafeytte he started to change back to to his old self. Ty'ree, Charlie, AND Lafeytte got alnoe and worked out there problems
Miracle's Boys was a very good book, it had realistic situations in it which is something that definantly sparks my interest. A great thing about the book is the ending; how the brothers begin to bond once again. I also think that another great quality is how short it is without losing the point and decent description. There are a few things that I didn't like about it also. Though I mentioned I liked the ending, it was a bit cut- off, especially if there is no sequel to follow up to. We didn't know if Newcharlie ever got out of the gang, which I thought should have been a key component in the end of the book. I also didn't like how there wasn't much rising action, it came suddenly. Lastly, I found it a bit difficult to keep up with the constant falshbacks. It was hard to realize the difference between reality and flashbacks. But all in all, I really enjoyed the book. Thank you for sharing the story with us. Myah Robinson 6th Hour
In the book Miracle`s Boys I had liked all of the parts of the book, the negatives kept me interested like,ohh whats going to happen next.The book was so emotional because both of their parents died,the middle brother Charlie is not getting along with the youngest brother Lafayette,and the oldest Ty`ree is having a hard time managing them.Then when Charlie was involved in a gang intiation he had to fight,and then was found in a stolen car and was arrested i think he realized he didnt wanted to be that person at all. The most beautiful moment to me was when Charlie and Lafayette was talking and acting like none of the negatives never happen.I remember Charlie saying 'Our life is a big pice of art.'
I liked many things about Miracle's Boys . I liked the fact that Ty'ree was responsible and independent . I also liked that the book ended happily . The last thing i liked was that the three brothers came together and acted as a family and realized that all they had was eachother .
I also disliked many things . I disliked the fact that the book was so short . I also disliked that Aaron wasnt punished like New-Charlie was . The last thing i didn't like was that the book didn't tell us anything about what happened when the brothers were talking and the book left us clueless about Aaron .
I have just finished the book called Miracles's Boys by Jacqueline Woodson. One of the things i liked in this book was when Ty'ree told the secret about him being there when their father died. Another thing i liked about the book is when Newcharlie poured out his feelings to his brothers, Ty'ree and Lafayette. The last i liked about this book is when Lafayette told Aaron that Newcharlie didnt have to be in a gang to make him bad, he had all the badness inside of him. One of the things i disliked is when Newcharlie called Lafayette a milagro killer. Another thing i disliked is when Lafayette was remembering what his mother said about them being poor. The last thing i disliked is when Lafayette friends tried to get some information out of him about Newcharlie. These are the dislikes and likes about the book Miracle's Boys.
The 3 things I liked about Mircle's Boys are that when Tyr'ee was yelling at Newcharlie for getting in trouble.another part I liked was when Tafayette stood up for Newcharlie at the basketball court.I also liked when Newcharlie and Lafayette started getting along.three parts I dint like are when Newcharlie got locked up again.another part I dint like was when Aaron took Newcharlie to a gang intiation.the part I hated the most is when Newcharlie called Lafayette Millagro killer.
There were more things I liked about Miracle's Boys than I disliked. But it always takes longer for me to type the things I liked. One thing I liked about the book was when Lafeyette promised not to fight with Newcharlie any more.I also liked that the author didn't forget to put the docter that lafayette talked to. I liked the part where Ty'ree forced Newcharlie to apoligize to the person owned the candy store he robbed. Some parts I disliked was when Lafayette cried on the floor almost every night. Another part I did not like was when Ty'ree blamed himself for killing his dad. the thing that I didn't like was how they had to save money, such as them having to buy the same exact thing when went shopping and when they got lucky they could only buy the soda Lafayette prefered.
Three things that I liked about Miracle's Boys are the story was setup. I liked how Lafayette was connecting with his dead mother. I also liked the how very interesting the story was to me. Three things that I disliked about Miracle's Boys were how the parents talked about during most of the story. I disliked how the brothers were always argueing. I also disliked how Layafette was acting when Ty'ree told him to get up so that they could go and get Newcharlie out of jail. Markeze Williams Period:7a
I read this book called Miracle's Boys and ican easily say that it is one of my favorite books. The main characters consist of Charlie, Lafayette, Ty'ree and their mom and the setting is in New York.To me i thought that the begining of the book a little sad because of the way that (New)Charlie treated Lafayette was kind of phyconuroticly cruel.But then as it neared the middle i saw that (New)Charlie wasn't that bad of a guy. But i also noticed that (New)Charlie was going down the wrong path and i proved myself right when (New)Charlie got initiated into a gang.But my favorite part was when Lafayette stood up to Aaron at the end and told him he doesn't need colors to be hard.And i thin it was wonderful that Charlie, Lafayette and Ty'ree stopped fighting.But i'm kind of mad that the book left me with a cliffhanger, because i still want to know if Charlie got out the gang oh well. Overall, it was one f the most stupendus books i have ever read.
There are some things that I liked about Miracle's Boys, and there are also some things that I didn't like so much. One of the things that I liked is how well it describes what it is like to live in poverty. Miracle's Boys really shows how hard it is to live like that. Another thing that I liked about this book is that it shows emotions very well. There is never a time in the book where you can't imagine what someone is feeling. I also liked the flashbacks in Miracle's Boys. It made the book more interesting, and it also gave the reader extra knowledge about what happened in Lafayette's life before he was twelve. Those are three things that I liked about how the author wrote Miracle's Boys.
Unfortunately, there are also some things that I disliked about Miracle's Boys. One of the things that I disliked about the book is that it was so depressing. The book took so long to have the characters' lives start getting better that it kind of got monotonous, because it just kept describing depressing situation after depressing situation. Another thing that I think the author could have done better is that she could have written about what was happening to Newcharlie when he was going to the gang, and becoming part of the gang. If she had done this, I think the book would have been much more interesting. I also didn't like that the book ended so soon. If the author had just gone on for a little longer, and told about how Newcharlie continued to change back to his old self, the ending would have been much better. Overall, I think the author did a fairly good job of writing this book, but it definitely wasn't one of my most favorite books that I have ever read.
I think this is going to be a good book
ReplyDeleteJosh dean
I think the book is sad but it still sounds good.
ReplyDeleteAlexandra Jolliff 1st hour
Devon Simpson - Miracle's boys is an interesting book to me so far, My favorite character so far is NewCharlie.
ReplyDeleteI THINK THIS BOOK MIRACLES BOYS IS A VERY GOOD AND INTERESTING BOOK BECAUSE IT HAS LOTS OF ACTION AND SUSPENCE AND THE BOOK IS FUN TO RREAD BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS ARE VERY EASY TO RELATE TO BECAUSE THE BOOK MAKES SURE U UNDERSTAND IT . KHATAIRA BOYCE
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteChapter 4 is the best chapter so far!!! I loved when Laffyette and Ty'ree started to talk about when their mother died it was sad but sometimes you have to talk about it. Also the ending of the chapter was crazy because all of a sudden Ty'ree flips out about NewCharlie not sweeping the floor and that caused a big argument which made Laffyette run into his room and cry for his mother that's sad but the book is on POINT!!
ReplyDeleteJaidah Kirksey 1st hr
Im loving the book (Miracle's Boys) so far because it is a really great book. Also I just read chapter 4 and to me it's the best chapter I ever read in this book, hope there's more relating things to read about.
ReplyDeleteTanyra Blackmon
1st Hour
In chapter 4 their is a lot of history that the characters talk about and I think that makes the book even more interesting to read.Katelyn Bonner
ReplyDeleteDestiny Jackson
ReplyDeleteThe chapter for that I read is very heart broken....i love the way the subscribe is about his mother lost.........!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.P. Love It Mrs.Crawford
:}
Miracles boys ch.4 was great! I finaly found out how charlie went to rahway! he robbed poncho's candy store. laffyette and tyree still dont know how charlie got the gun.
ReplyDeletereggie morris
Question: Do you think that every conflict has a winner? In other words, can every conflict be solved? Why or why not? Please explain your answer in four to five sentences.
ReplyDeleteMy answer (Jaidah),
No, conflict can't be resolved this is why. Its because every one in the world is different some people hold grudges and some people don't. For instance I'm one of those people who hold grudges, I still don't talk to (anonymous) who I had a conflict with in 6th grade that's how much it kills me to resolve a conflict. So that's why I'm saying "some" grudges can be broken...and some will just remain until the end of time.
Jaidah Kirksey 1st hr
I don't think that every conflict has a winner. I think that every problem can not be solved. It depends what you are going through in your life. All things can't be solved. Like for examlpe you want too know why another person hate you are dislike you. That can not be solved for someone to stop disliking you and everyone has their own opinion and can not agree on everthing. That's what I think about this question.
ReplyDeleteFrom,Anastasia Whittington 5th hour
I think that every conflict can be solved by working it out in respectful way.I don't think that every conflict has a winner because the person that was in the conflict said that they won and the person that started the conflict said that they had won also.I also think that a conflict can be solved by learning to respect each other.I also think that a conflict doesn't have a winner because people that was around will start to interfere.Ranesia Hambrick,period5
ReplyDeleteI do not think that every problem can be solved. The reason I think this is because not everyone can't agree with the solution. Another reason is that they could probably not come up with a resolution. Another reason that every problem can't be solved is because it can be to difficult to come up with a solution. My last reason why every problem can't be solved is because maybe the problem doesn't have enough information to be solved.
ReplyDelete-Jillian Pritchard 5 hour
I think every conflict does have a winner. I say this because when ever somebody have a problem with another person someone always have the answer to the conflict. Also when you think about it you may think they are never going to find a way to solve the problem but they always do. So always remember that when you are having a problem with someone or a sibling, there will always be away to solve it.
ReplyDeleteTanyra Blacmon
1st Hour
No, every conflict dose not have a winner. I said no because if the people so called "solved" the conflict by fighting, nobody won. If the people were to solve the conflict by talking it over and agreeing to go there seperate ways, they both would be winners. They both would be winners because they handled it with manners.
ReplyDeleteAshley Falls
Jaidah Kirksey
ReplyDelete1st hr
Miracle's Boys
This book was so INTERESTING! I loved this book. Well ok three things I liked about the book is that Lafayette told his brother that he saw his mother wake up before she died that was really touching. Also when NewCharlie opened up about robbing Poncho's Candy store. Then the last thing is when all the brothers shared a loving brother moment. Three things I disliked about the book is when i found out NewCharlie was in jail I actually thought he was done with being a criminal! Then something is when NewCharlie kept calling his brother "Milagro killer" that was so wrong. Last is that I hated that the arthour made both of their parents die that was sad. Well that's all.
I just finished this book called Miacle's Boys by Jacqueline Woodson. One of my favorite parts was when the brothers made up at the end. I also liked the plot and how well written all the charactors are. But there was also one part of the book that I didn't like. I think that at the end Lafayette and Tyree should have found a way to get Newcharlie out of the gang. That was the only thing that I didn't like about the book.
ReplyDelete-Korinna Brandt
Three things that i liked in Miracle's Boys was that when there was a problem the brothers talked it over. Another thing i liked is that when Newcharlie or Lafayette had a problem Tyree never put them out. The last thing i liked was that even though their parents died the didnt put there self down. Three things i didnt like is that when Newcharlie or Lafayette did something bad they didnt get any concequence when they got home. Another thing i didnt like was that they were left alone without an adult. The last thing i didnt like was how the book ended.
ReplyDeleteKelsi Tatum
5&6 hour
In Mircales Boys three things that I like about is that it had a had a kind of happy ending.Anthor thing I like about Mircales Boys is that the book has alot of action.The last reason I like Mircals Boys is that they are almost good brothers.Three things that I dislike about the story was that Charlie is making fun of Laffette.Anthor thing that I dislike is that Charlie got into a gang.last thing tha t I don't like about the story is that charlie is putting his family in danger.-Akira Williams
ReplyDeleteIn this book Miracle's Boys I read. Three things I like in Miracle boys is that Tyree is really independent because he takes care of his little brothers and he's only 25 ,so I think that's really amazing. Another thing I like in this story is that the author go's back in the past and tells us what happen in the story for example, how the 3 brother's father and mother died. The 3rd thing I like about this book is that I can feel what the 3 brother's or going thorw that's how stronge the book tells the reader how the charerters feeling and react in the book. The three things that I dont like about the book is the ending I actally hate it I was perspecting more in the story like Tyree win's the lottory are Tyree got a permotion too get more money to take care of his brothers. The other thing I hate in this book is that New Charlie just got out of jail and then one slip up now he's in a gang and its hard for him too get out too. The part I mostly hate about the story is when New Charlie blames Laufatte that he killed there mother. So tats's what I mostly think about the story.
ReplyDeleteAnastasia Whittington
5th hour
Hi! I liked the book Miracle's Boys, but it wasn't my favorite book, although it definitely was at least slightly emotional for me. Three awesome things about Miracle's Boys were: the reality of it - the entire story is kind of moving and probably reflects many people's lives. Another great part was the happy ending...I usually kind of like the bad-guy-rules-the-world endings, but I think I would cry if Newcharlie went to jail for accidentally going to a gang initiation! The third thing I loved was the change of character kind of partway through the book for Newcharlie. He started off, in the book, the bad brother who went to juvie and was mean. Then he became this guy who was forced into a gang and never really wanted to fight, and was actually sweet. In the book it was like he had a change of heart.
ReplyDeleteThree things I didn't like were: The book was too short, not page-wise but just so much information in only three days. Newcharlie seemed to come back from jail, go to jail again, both the parents died, Lafayette went to a shrink, there were two funerals, several secrets were exposed, and they all had time to bond and much more - in just a little over a hundred pages. The next thing I didn't like so much was that the book ended on the porch. You don't know if Charlie's going to get out of the gang, any one of the brothers could, the next day, pull away and start being sad and solitary again - I mean, the porch all together is a start, but it still seems like they're on a ledge. The third thing I don't love about this book is that both the parents died. I just wish it could have been one parent, and the other is just all depressed. That would ruin the entire book and its plot, but at least it's not sad! I mean, to be honest, I don't really hate that about the book, but it was the only other thing I could think of.
Sorry if my blog is too long! Love you Mrs. C! You rock!
Felix Evans, seventh hour A Day
Three things I liked about Miracle's Boys were how it can connect to some people because their life could be similar to Lafayette's life. It also can educate people on how horrible some people's lives can be. Lastly I really liked how all the brothers started out practically not even knowing anything about each other to having a very tight bond with each other.
ReplyDeleteThree things that I disliked about Miracle's Boys were that first of all it was way too short compared to most of the novels that I read. Second, I could not really relate with the story, mainly because I have both of my parents alive and I live in a much different kind of neighborhood. The final thing I disliked was how the author did not write everything in chronological order which made it hard for me to understand what was going at times.
Jonah Zukosky GATE comm. arts
Hector Delarosa
ReplyDeleteI think that the best 3 parts in the book miracle's boys is when it explaned more about Rahway so we could uderstand more of the story. the next thing is when Carlie was asking god not to let the dog die and you know how Charlie was before Rahway. The last thing is when we found that NewCharlie robbed that store so his family can go to paridise.
The 3 things I hate about the book is when each time lafayette see his mom as a ghost. I also don't like that it talks about how lafayette went to the phycologist because all they did was talk about lafayette emotionaly but they could have talked about the other characters. The last thing I didn't like was that Aaron didn't go to jail.
Kaitlynn Douglas
ReplyDeletePeriod 5
Book:Miracle's Boys
One thing I liked about Miracle's Boys is that Ty'ree was still very honest to Lafayette about the fact that he was still at the scene when his father died.
Another thing I liked about Miracle's Boys was Lafayette's flashbacks and illusions.This shows how much he really loved his mother.
The last thing I liked about Miracle's Boys was the talk at the end between the 3 brothers.That was very touching.
One thing I disliked about Miracle's boys was how there was so much violence.
Another thing I disliked about Miracle's boys was when NewCharlie was picking on Lafayette about killing their mother.
Finally,The last thing I disliked about Mircale's Boys was when Aaron traked NewCharlie into a gang.
This book was very interesting and a great choice! I was very entertained!
Three things I like about the book Miracle's Boys by Jacqueline Woodson is when Ty'ree told Lafayette about how he was there when their dad died, also when Lafayette defended Newcharlie to Aaron, and when Newcharlie and Lafayette made up. Three things I didn't like about the book when Newcharlie called Lafayette a "Milagro killer", also when Newcharllie got beat up, and how Newcharlie treated Lafayette in the book.
ReplyDeleteJillian Pritchard
5th hour
There are three things I like about Miracle's Boys. First,I like the part were Laffayette starts imagining his mom.Second,I like the part when Ty'ree and Laffayette went and got Newcharlie out of jail. Third,i like the part when the brothers start talking with each other again.There are three things I don't like about Miracle's Boys. First,I don't like the part when Newcharlie called Laffayette milagro killer.Second, I don't like the part when Newcharlie started treating Aaron like his brother instead of Laffayette.Third I don't like the part when Newcharlie had to go to jail.
ReplyDeleteRanesia Hambrick
period5
Kenya Curtis
ReplyDeleteSeptember 23,2010
period 1
This book was about 3 brothers and how they are having problems at home. There parents die so they only got each other . Tyree the older brother take care of them got a job that dont pay that much . And becuse he got to take care of them he did not go to college. the next brother Charlie he came back from rayway a jail for boys if he get to any more troble Charlie will go back to jail and tyree and Laffeyette wiil have to live withe there aunt. Laffeyette the baby boy of the family evey sent charlie came back from rayway he ben picking on Laffeytte.
One thing that I liked about this book was that
ReplyDeletenewcharlie got into a fight and it was very exiting. One thing that I disliked was that there parents died. Another thing that I like was that it had flash backs to what happened when Lafayette younger, But i also didn't like that Newcharlie blamed Lafayette for letting his mom die. I liked that a Newcharlie was in jail but i didn't like that to two grown men started crying after they hit each other. that is what i liked about Miracle's Boys.
1st period Josh Dean
Three things I liked about Miracle's Boys are the boys started not to like eachother but by the end of the book, they started to talk again. The second thing I liked was Ty'ree stepped into fatherhood when the father died. The last thing I liked about the book was Aunt Cecile helped Lafayette with his problems.
ReplyDeleteThree things I disliked about the Miracle's Boys are Charlie and Lafayette were fighting and name calling. The second thing I disliked was when the father and mother died when Charlie was either away or not there when they died. The last thing I disliked about Miracle's Boys was when Charlie went to Rahway as one person and came back as another person.
Tanyra Blackmon
1st and 2nd Hour
One thing that I liked the most about Miracle's Boy's was when Lafyette opened up to Newcharile about him not killing their mother.Another thing that I liked about Miracle's Boy's was when Ty'ree was telling Lafyette about how their mother died.The last thing that I liked about Miracle's Boy's was when Lafyette was telling Dr.Vernonn about his family and about how he feels his mother every were. one thing that I disliked about Miracle's Boy's was when Newcharlie got jumped.Another thing that I disliked about Miracle's Boy's was when Ty'ree had Finally told Lafyette about him being at the secene when their Father died.The last thing that I disliked about Miracle's Boy's was when Newcharlie blamed Lafyette for their mother's death.These are the things that I liked and disliked about Miracle's Boy's.
ReplyDelete-JANEA DAVIS
per.5-6
I just read about a book called miracle's boys by jacqueline woodson.Next there are three brothers name Tyree,Newcharlie,and Lafayette. Also the three brothers was struggling about the mother's death. Then newcharlie was called a milagro killer because he was blame for killing the mother. Next the daddy died in central park trying to save a lady's dog and the daddy died with this diease call Hypomethia. This is what this story is about.Deionnis Anderson
ReplyDeleteI just read Miracle's Boys by Jacqueline Woodson and in the book there were things I liked about it and things I didn't like about it. A part from the book I liked was when Lafayette and Newcharlie worked out their differences and started talking to each other. Another part I liked was when Lafayette had the weird dream about the dog and Newcharlie. My favorite part was when Lafayette was defending Newcahrlie to Aaron at the basketball court. A part from the book I didn't like was when Newcahrlie called Lafayette a "Milargo killer" when Newcharlie and Aaron were about to leave to go out. Another part I didn't like was when Newcharlie got beat up by the gang members in the car. The last poart i didn't like in the book was when the dad died of hypothermia from saving the woman and the dog in the lake. I think this book was great and had its sad and happy parts to it.
ReplyDeleteJillian Pritchard
5th Hour
I just read Miracles Boy's by Jacqueline Woodson. One of my favorite part of the book is when Lafayette was hearing things like a dog whimpering and somethind collided. I like that part because I had that feeling before. The second thing that I liked was when Lafayette saw P.J at the basketball court. P.J was with some people and he had gang colors on his head. My last favorite part is when their father tried to save a ladie and her dog from dying. He died from hypothermia. I thought it was brave how he tried to save that ladie.
ReplyDeleteTaylor Patrick
5th hour
; )
.
The three things that i most liked and disliked about Miracles Boys are i n this blog.I liked the part where tyree explains that he was there when there dad jumped in the lake.I also liked the end whenthe brothers made up.My favorite part was when they explained the picture when lafyette was giveing his mom the leaf.the first thing i disliked was the part about NewCharlieblaming lafyette for there moms death.I also disliked the part about Charlie going th jail .My least favorite part was when they talked about the mom.that is my blog post
ReplyDeleteAlexandra jolliff
Ihave many likes and dislikes about Miracles boys. One thing i like is that while i was reading the book every thing felt real. Another thing i like about the book is that the book has goood desciptions. I also like that the book was easy and enjoyable to read
ReplyDeleteIhave many likes and dislikes about Miracles boys. One thing that i dont like about the book is that it doesnt have pictures. Another thing i dont like about the book is that there is only one break through wich is at the end. The last thing that i dont like about this is that the chapter were short.
Antonia Drake period 1 september23,2010
I liked many things about Miracle's Boys. The first thing I liked was that it was so descriptive that it felt like I was in the book watching the events play out. The second thing I liked was that it ended happily. The third thing I liked was that it used some figurative language that had really deep meaning.
ReplyDeleteI also disliked several things about Miracle's Boys. The first thing I disliked was that it was too short; I prefer longer books. The second thing I disliked was that it ended too soon. I want to hear about what happened next in the story. The third thing I disliked was that the end of the book was a little boring.
Christine Politte
Period 7A
Miracle's boyys was a very sad and amotional book.I t showed the drama of losing two loved ones,and drama between three brothers having only eachother as well.I would say that mu favorite part though would be when lafayette decided to turned around and began to talk to Charlie instead of walking up the stairs,leaving him on the stoop outside.
ReplyDeleteSabriana Randolph 5th period
I really liked the book "Miracle's Boys" for several reasons. First of all, I like to think of this book as a resource for people coping with the death of a loved one. "Miracle's Boys" has a lot of heart and emotion in it. However most people would portray that emotion as anger and not remorse. That is until they read this book. Another reason I love "Miracle's Boys" is that it gives off a certain vibe like the feeling of warmth, or betrayal, or uncertainty, and even some negligence. The book really makes me feel involved with the story line. The third and final reason I love Miracle's Boys is that it made me cry. Any book that I really enjoy and get involved with makes me laugh, cry, get really mad, or go crazy. And I definitely did that with "Miracle's Boys." I loved that book so much, and for so many reasons.
ReplyDeleteLike everything else in this world, nothing's perfect (Miracle's Boys included). So unfortunately now I have to tell you three things I didn't like about the book. Number one: "Miracle's Boys" was a really short book for my taste. I was sweet, simple, and straight to the point. But my problem with that is, I like it when I receive a lot of detail about a part of the book. I like to know everything about what's going on in a story. Miracle's Boys really beat around the bush when it came to certain details that I really wanted to know about. Number Two: The way this book is written really makes me think that she trying really hard to prove a point. Maybe a little too hard. For example, Its a family of three brothers and both there parents died. According to my perception of that, I would consider it a little pathetic. It makes me think, why do both parents have to die? Why can't one die and the other run away or something. I do understand where the author was coming from though and how it all ties into the story line. Finally, Number three: I know I said the book was too short earlier. But this next reason kind of goes in deeper of why I want it to be longer. The ending of the book really seemed too simple. Newcharlie just changed back into old Charlie because he was forced into a gang and cried about some pictures. I don't really think that would truly happen in real life. But I've never been in that situation before so I probably don't even know what I'm talking about. Anyway, that's all I have to say about Miracle's Boys. I really like it but it wasn't perfect.
Mia Hicks-Thomas
Period 7-8
I ust got done reading the book Miracle's boys. What i really liked about the book is when things would goo wrong there would be a good side to it. It was a lot of problems in the book mainly with new Charlie. New Charlie always got in some knid of troble, but he would find his way out.
ReplyDeleteThe thing that i disliked about the book is when new Charlie changed after he robbed the candy store. When new Charlie came from Rahway he changed in a bad way. At the end of the book when new Charlie got jumped he started to change. When he talked to Lafeytte he started to change back to to his old self. Ty'ree, Charlie, AND Lafeytte got alnoe and worked out there problems
Kilah Robinson 5th Period
Miracle's Boys was a very good book, it had realistic situations in it which is something that definantly sparks my interest. A great thing about the book is the ending; how the brothers begin to bond once again. I also think that another great quality is how short it is without losing the point and decent description. There are a few things that I didn't like about it also. Though I mentioned I liked the ending, it was a bit cut- off, especially if there is no sequel to follow up to. We didn't know if Newcharlie ever got out of the gang, which I thought should have been a key component in the end of the book. I also didn't like how there wasn't much rising action, it came suddenly. Lastly, I found it a bit difficult to keep up with the constant falshbacks. It was hard to realize the difference between reality and flashbacks. But all in all, I really enjoyed the book. Thank you for sharing the story with us.
ReplyDeleteMyah Robinson
6th Hour
In the book Miracle`s Boys I had liked all of the parts of the book, the negatives kept me interested like,ohh whats going to happen next.The book was so emotional because both of their parents died,the middle brother Charlie is not getting along with the youngest brother Lafayette,and the oldest Ty`ree is having a hard time managing them.Then when Charlie was involved in a gang intiation he had to fight,and then was found in a stolen car and was arrested i think he realized he didnt wanted to be that person at all. The most beautiful moment to me was when Charlie and Lafayette was talking and acting like none of the negatives never happen.I remember Charlie saying 'Our life is a big pice of art.'
ReplyDeleteChristan Allen
5th-6th period
I liked many things about Miracle's Boys . I liked the fact that Ty'ree was responsible and independent . I also liked that the book ended happily . The last thing i liked was that the three brothers came together and acted as a family and realized that all they had was eachother .
ReplyDeleteI also disliked many things . I disliked the fact that the book was so short . I also disliked that Aaron wasnt punished like New-Charlie was . The last thing i didn't like was that the book didn't tell us anything about what happened when the brothers were talking and the book left us clueless about Aaron .
Bryan Nelson Period 5B
I have just finished the book called Miracles's Boys by Jacqueline Woodson. One of the things i liked in this book was when Ty'ree told the secret about him being there when their father died. Another thing i liked about the book is when Newcharlie poured out his feelings to his brothers, Ty'ree and Lafayette. The last i liked about this book is when Lafayette told Aaron that Newcharlie didnt have to be in a gang to make him bad, he had all the badness inside of him. One of the things i disliked is when Newcharlie called Lafayette a milagro killer. Another thing i disliked is when Lafayette was remembering what his mother said about them being poor. The last thing i disliked is when Lafayette friends tried to get some information out of him about Newcharlie.
ReplyDeleteThese are the dislikes and likes about the book Miracle's Boys.
By - Ashley Falls :)
The 3 things I liked about Mircle's Boys are that when Tyr'ee was yelling at Newcharlie for getting in trouble.another part I liked was when Tafayette stood up for Newcharlie at the basketball court.I also liked when Newcharlie and Lafayette started getting along.three parts I dint like are when Newcharlie got locked up again.another part I dint like was when Aaron took Newcharlie to a gang intiation.the part I hated the most is when Newcharlie called Lafayette Millagro killer.
ReplyDeleteTyson Willis
There were more things I liked about Miracle's Boys than I disliked. But it always takes longer for me to type the things I liked. One thing I liked about the book was when Lafeyette promised not to fight with Newcharlie any more.I also liked that the author didn't forget to put the docter that lafayette talked to. I liked the part where Ty'ree forced Newcharlie to apoligize to the person owned the candy store he robbed. Some parts I disliked was when Lafayette cried on the floor almost every night. Another part I did not like was when Ty'ree blamed himself for killing his dad. the thing that I didn't like was how they had to save money, such as them having to buy the same exact thing when went shopping and when they got lucky they could only buy the soda Lafayette prefered.
ReplyDeleteJeremiah Branscomb 7 A day
Three things that I liked about Miracle's Boys are the story was setup. I liked how Lafayette was connecting with his dead mother. I also liked the how very interesting the story was to me. Three things that I disliked about Miracle's Boys were how the parents talked about during most of the story. I disliked how the brothers were always argueing. I also disliked how Layafette was acting when Ty'ree told him to get up so that they could go and get Newcharlie out of jail. Markeze Williams Period:7a
ReplyDeleteI read this book called Miracle's Boys and ican easily say that it is one of my favorite books.
ReplyDeleteThe main characters consist of Charlie, Lafayette, Ty'ree and their mom and the setting is in New York.To me i thought that the begining of the book a little sad because of the way that (New)Charlie treated Lafayette was kind of phyconuroticly cruel.But then as it neared the middle i saw that (New)Charlie wasn't that bad of a guy. But i also noticed that (New)Charlie was going down the wrong path and i proved myself right when (New)Charlie got initiated into a gang.But my favorite part was when Lafayette stood up to Aaron at the end and told him he doesn't need colors to be hard.And i thin it was wonderful that Charlie, Lafayette and Ty'ree stopped fighting.But i'm kind of mad that the book left me with a cliffhanger, because i still want to know if Charlie got out the gang oh well. Overall, it was one f the most stupendus books i have ever read.
Derek Mills Period 7A
There are some things that I liked about Miracle's Boys, and there are also some things that I didn't like so much. One of the things that I liked is how well it describes what it is like to live in poverty. Miracle's Boys really shows how hard it is to live like that. Another thing that I liked about this book is that it shows emotions very well. There is never a time in the book where you can't imagine what someone is feeling. I also liked the flashbacks in Miracle's Boys. It made the book more interesting, and it also gave the reader extra knowledge about what happened in Lafayette's life before he was twelve. Those are three things that I liked about how the author wrote Miracle's Boys.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, there are also some things that I disliked about Miracle's Boys. One of the things that I disliked about the book is that it was so depressing. The book took so long to have the characters' lives start getting better that it kind of got monotonous, because it just kept describing depressing situation after depressing situation. Another thing that I think the author could have done better is that she could have written about what was happening to Newcharlie when he was going to the gang, and becoming part of the gang. If she had done this, I think the book would have been much more interesting. I also didn't like that the book ended so soon. If the author had just gone on for a little longer, and told about how Newcharlie continued to change back to his old self, the ending would have been much better. Overall, I think the author did a fairly good job of writing this book, but it definitely wasn't one of my most favorite books that I have ever read.
Lydia Soifer
Period 7A